Apply to the NMSU Graduate School
Graduate School admission requirements must be met before applicants may be admitted to the Master of Science in Applied Statistics program.
NOTE: Application deadlines for domestic and international students are not the same; please ensure you are aware of all applicable deadlines.
- NMSU Graduate School application forms are available for both domestic and international students.
- International students apply through International Student & Scholar Services and submit a completed “International Application for Admission” form with a non-refundable application fee. The current university Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) requirement is 530 (paper test), 197 (computer test). In lieu of a TOEFL score of 530, an applicant may agree to successfully complete NMSU’s International Intensive English Program (IIEP).
- Provide complete undergraduate and graduate transcripts. NMSU’s Registrar Office has transcript information.
Applications, transcripts and a non-refundable application fee must be submitted to the Graduate School at:Dean, Graduate School New Mexico State University P.O. Box 30001 MSC 3G Las Cruces NM 88003-8001
Apply to the Master of Science in Applied Statistics program
In addition to meeting NMSU’s Graduate School application requirements, applicants must also submit:
- A 1-to 2-page typewritten letter of application.
- Discuss your academic objectives and professional plans, and provide specific reasons for selecting applied statistics as a field for advanced study.
- Three letters of reference from former professors or others able to evaluate your academic potential. Contact Dr. Steiner for information.
Submit the letter of application and three reference letters to:Applied Statistics Program
Box 30001, MSC 3CQ
New Mexico State University
Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001