Who Hires our Graduates?
- Archer Daniels Midland
- Farm Credit Bank of Wichita
- Fastenal Company
- Lanier Worldwide, Inc.
- New York Life Insurance and Financial Co.
- Wells Fargo
- Shell Service
- WalMart Private Fleet
PGA Golf Management™
- Medinah Country Club, Medinah, IL
- Hazeltine National Golf Club, Chaska, MN
- Pumpkin Ridge Golf Club, North Plains, OR
- PGA Golf Club at Coyote Springs, Las Vegas, NM
- Springfield Royal Country Club, Thailand
Sample Marketing Occupations
Most marketing majors enter into careers with business firms, although some find job opportunities in government and others in non-profit organizations. Still others become involved in owning and managing their independent companies. Because of the increasing attention on meeting customer needs, there is a growing demand for well-educated marketing graduates. See more sample occupations at What can I do with a major in Marketing?
- Account Executive
- Advertising Manager
- Art Director
- Creative Director
- E-Commerce Marketing Director
- Electronic Marketing Manager
- Market Integration Manager
- Marketing Director or Analyst
- Market Research Executive
- Media Relations Manager
- Media Director or Planner
- PGM: Careers as PGA members at various golf facilities & golf industry positions
- Product/Brand Manager
- Special Events Manager
- Sports Transaction Management Director
Marketers research and understand what it takes to satisfy customers. They use that knowledge to work collaboratively with others in the firm for two main reasons: To design a product that delights their customers, and to drive the profitability of the firm. Customer satisfaction is the focus of success for profit and non-profit organizations—the demand for well educated and creative marketing graduates is always high.
Our program of study is designed to provide an excellent and well-rounded marketing degree.
Marketing faculty emphasize effective teaching and student advising, combined with applied research in a variety of areas related to marketing. Most faculty members hold a doctoral degree from a major university and most have business or management consulting experience. Marketing department faculty members have a wide range of backgrounds, which contributes to a rich and varied educational experience for students.
At NMSU, students may select from numerous courses that include, but are not limited to, marketing management, sales and sales management, retail management, global marketing, marketing research, and consumer behavior.
Marketing majors who are preparing themselves for careers in their own businesses should take BA 202/Small Business Enterprise, MKTG 461/Seminar in Entrepreneurship, and BA 448/Small Business Institute. See the Degree Plan/Sample Schedule.
- On campus
- Through distance education
- Independent study in entrepreneurship is available to interested students
PGA Golf Management™
NMSU is sanctioned by the Professional Golfer’s Association™ (PGA) of America to offer the PGA Golf Management™ Program.
The 4½ -year program leads to a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a major in Marketing and a specialization in PGA Golf Management.