Apply to the NMSU Graduate School
NOTE: Application deadlines for domestic and international students are not the same; please ensure you are aware of all applicable deadlines.
Graduate School admission requirements must be met before applicants may be admitted to the MBA program.
- All domestic students must first meet the admission requirements of the Graduate School and
- All International students must meet International Programs admission requirements before they can be considered for admission to the MBA program.
- International students apply through International Student & Scholar Services and submit a completed International Application for Admissions form with a non-refundable application fee.
- Please visit NMSU’s Prospective Students > Language Requirements webpage for information about TOEFL and IELTS score reports, testing dates, etc.
NMSU Graduate School application forms are available for both domestic and international students.
Provide complete undergraduate and graduate transcripts. NMSU’s Registrar Office has transcript information.
Applications, transcripts and a non-refundable application fee must be submitted to the Graduate School at:Dean, Graduate School New Mexico State University P.O. Box 30001 MSC 3G Las Cruces NM 88003-8001
Apply to the Master of Business Administration Program
Applicants must first be admitted to the Graduate School before they are considered for admission to the MBA program.
To be considered for admission to the MBA program, an applicant must meet one of the following four criteria:
- Received an undergraduate degree with a GPA of at least 3.5 from an institution with business accreditation by AACSB International or ACBSP; or
- Completed the GMAT with a minimum score of 400 and a combined GMAT score and undergraduate GPA such that (GPA x 200) + GMAT ≥ 1050; or
- Received a graduate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university; or
- Completed at least four years of relevant, full-time, post-degree, professional work experience and an undergraduate degree with a GPA ≥ 3.25 from an institution with business accreditation by AACSB International or ACBSP.
GMAT Fee Waiver Application. Eligible students and alumni may apply to receive one (1) of ten (10) GMAT Examination Fee Waivers that will be administered through the NMSU Student Success Center. Information is online at NMSU’s GMAT Examination Fee Waiver Code Program.
Effective with students admitted for spring 2013, students may take no more than 9 MBA course credits before completing the background knowledge courses.
Registration in any of the courses identified in Degree Requirements, Required Coursework requires:
- Admission to the Graduate School and the MBA program or
- Consent of the instructor and the Associate Dean of the College of Business.
Although the MBA program is designed to encourage participation by students with a variety of educational backgrounds, the curriculum is fast paced. As a consequence, a minimum level of Background Knowledge in specific disciplines is expected of all entering students. The requisite Background Knowledge includes knowledge and skills in these disciplinary topics: managerial accounting, financial accounting, macroeconomics, financial analysis, marketing, calculus and statistics. Students must establish competency in the Background Knowledge within the first year of admission to the MBA program.
Students may demonstrate competency in the Background Knowledge through evidence of successful completion (with a grade of A or B) of undergraduate courses in the specific disciplines, or by successful completion of discipline-specific examinations administered by relevant departments. NMSU courses which satisfy the Background Knowledge requirements are indicated in the list below.
Courses from other institutions deemed equivalent will also satisfy the Background Knowledge requirements. MBA Transfer Credit information is provided on the Advising webpage. The MBA Advisor will, working with the relevant departments, determine course equivalency.
Students who wish to demonstrate competency in any Background Knowledge discipline through examination may do so by taking the appropriate competency examination(s) prior to beginning their first semester of enrollment in MBA courses. Examinations are offered for each of the seven Background Knowledge topics and are administered by academic departments in the College of Business. Each competency exam can be taken only one time. A satisfactory competency examination score will satisfy corresponding prerequisites. Upon request, the MBA office will provide interested students with relevant details.
If you have, or believe you have a disability, you may contact the Student Accessibility Services (SAS) Office; in Corbett Center, Room 244; 575-646-6840; email firstname.lastname@example.org. Appropriate accommodations may then be provided for you. All medical information will be treated confidentially. If you have a condition which may affect your ability to exit safely from the premises in an emergency during class, you are encouraged to discuss this in confidence with the instructor and/or the Director of University Disability Services/ADA Coordinator at the SAS Office. Questions regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and/or the American with Disabilities Amendment Act should be directed to the SAS Office.
Questions regarding NMSU’s Non-discrimination Policy and discrimination complaints should be referred to Gerard Nevarez, Office of Institutional Equity, 575-646-3635.