PGA Golf Management Program Requirements
- All freshman and sophomore year courses need to be completed before beginning upper-division (300 or above) business courses. Exception: MKTG 293.
- General elective requirements vary by major. If you place out of MATH 120 or 121, you must still meet the 130-hour requirement to graduate and may need to take an additional general elective outside the College of Business.
- Sixteen (16) months of internship education is a requirement for graduation from the program. It is recommended that you do an internship over each of the summer sessions (approximately 3 months each) and an extended internship (approximately 7 months) at any time, preferably at the end of your senior year.
- PGA’s Professional Golf Management (PGM) Educational Program (Levels 1-3): It is a requirement for the PGA Golf Management designation that you complete Levels 1-3 of the PGA’s PGM Educational Program.
- Successful completion of the PGA’s Playing Ability Test (PAT) is a requirement for graduation from the Program.
- Requirements to complete MKTG 481:
- Complete 16 months of internship(s).
- Complete the PGA’s Professional Golf Management Educational Program (Levels 1-3).
- Pass the PGA’s Playing Ability Test (PAT).
- Students who complete this degree will earn a Bachelor’s of Business Administration (BBA); major will be Marketing with a designation/specialty in PGA Golf Management.
- Students have 8 years to become a member of the PGA using the first day of NMSU registration as the start date (October 1).
The 4½-year PGA Golf Management Program leads to a BBA with a major in Marketing and a specialization in Golf Management. Our program prepares graduates for careers as PGA members at various golf facilities and golf industry positions.
Along with the course work, students complete 16 months of internship(s) under the supervision of PGA Class A Professionals at different golf facilities which include golf courses, PGA or LPGA Headquarters, PGA section offices, and other employment opportunities within the golf industry.
In addition to course work and internship experiences, students will complete the PGA’s Professional Golf Management Educational Program (Levels 1-3) while attending NMSU. Students will also complete the PGA’s Playing Ability Test (PAT) while enrolled at NMSU.
- See the Degree Plan/Sample Schedule.
- NMSU’s course catalogs contain current/previous searchable data, along with specific College of Business degree information.
Once all required course work, 16 months of internship(s), PGA’s Professional Golf Management Educational Program (Levels 1-3), and the PGA’s Playing Ability Test (PAT) are completed, NMSU PGA Golf Management students will receive PGA membership upon graduation (if they are eligibly employed).