Work Phone: 575.646.2597
Building and Room Number: GU 403
Multinational enterprises and foreign direct investment; migration; international trade; economic growth and development; spatial econometrics.
- 2011: Ph.D. in Economics, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- 2005: Masters in Economics, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- 2001:Bachelors in Economics, Nankai University
Recent Research Projects/Publications
Peer-reviewed journal articles
- Mingming Pan. Forthcoming. Third-Province Effects on Inbound FDI: Evidence from Chinese Provinces. Eastern Economic Journal.
- Ndem Tazifor, Benjamin Widner, Mingming Pan, Christina Medina, and Carl Enomoto. Forthcoming. How Culture Affects Doing Business in the Global Economy. Economics & Business Journal: Inquiries & Perspectives.
- Mingming Pan, Benjamin Widner, and Carl Enomoto. 2012. Growth and Crime in Contiguous States of Mexico. Review of Urban & Regional Development Studies, 24(1-2): 51-64.
- Mingming Pan, Benjamin Widner, and Carl Enomoto. 2012. Spillover Effects of Crime in Neighboring States of Mexico. International Journal of Business and Social Science, 3(14): 14-32.
- Mingming Pan. 2012. FDI Agglomeration Change in China. Journal of Chinese Economic and Foreign Trade Studies, 5(3): 172-184.
- Mingming Pan, Benjamin Widner, and Carl Enomoto. 2014. The effects of crime on marriages, divorces, and births to single mothers in Mexico. In Crime: International Perspectives, Socioeconomic Factors and Psychological Implications, Nova Publishers.
- Eric Thompson, Mingming Pan, and Cory Buland. 2005. Estimating Demand for Business Recycling Services in Two Nebraska Cities. Bureau of Business Research Publications.
Research in progress
- Location choice of Asian immigrants in the United States: Do neighbor effects matter?
- Spatial Diffusion of the Hispanic Population in the United States, with Brian Chi-ang Lin
- The effects of transitional agreements on migration patterns in the enlarged Europe, with Francisca Reyes
- Trade and Growth in ASEAN: Does Openness and the Regional Composition of Trade Influence Growth?, with Hien Nguyen and Richard V. Adkisson
Awards, Honors and Distinctions
- Outstanding Paper Award Winner at the Literati Network Awards for Excellence, 2013
- Stan Fulton Research Award, 2013: 1st Place in Best Paper Awards: Growth and Crime in Contiguous States of Mexico, with Benjamin Widner and Carl Enomoto.
- Economic Statistics (ECON405): Scheduled
- International Economics (ECON/IB450)
- Developing Nations (ECON 324V)
- Principles of Microeconomics (ECON 252G)