About Mihai Niculescu
Ph.D. in Business Administration – Marketing, University of Cincinnati, 2009.
Ph.D., M.S., B.S., “Al. I. Cuza” University of Iasi, Romania.
- Human information processing and decision-making under risky, incomplete, and missing information.
- Decision biases and patterns of irrational consumer behavior.
- Discrete choice modeling.
Publications in refereed journals
- Niculescu, M., Payne, C.R., and Luna Nevarez, C. (forthcoming 2014), “Consumer Response to Interruption Features and Need for Cognitive Closure,” Journal of Consumer Behaviour.
- Niculescu, M., Xu, B., Hampton, G.M., and Peterson, R. (forthcoming 2014), “Market Orientation and Its Measurement in Universities,” Administrative Issues Journal: Education, Practice, and Research.
- Niculescu, M., Payne, C.R., and Krishnan, V. (2013), “One-to-One and One-to-Many Relationship Marketing: Toward a Theoretical Framework,” Journal of Business-to-Business Marketing, 20, 2 (May), 51-64 (lead article).
- Payne, C.R., Hyman, M.R., Niculescu, M., and Huhmann, B., (2013) “Anthropomorphic Responses to New-to-Market Logos,” Journal of Marketing Management, 29, 1-2 (January), 122-140.
- covered in New Mexico Business Outlook (February 2012).
- Payne, C.R. and M. Niculescu (2012), “Social Meaning in Supermarkets as a Direct Route to Improve Parents’ Fruit and Vegetable Purchases,” Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, 41, 1 (April), 124-137.
- Bechkoff, J., Palghat, V.K., Niculescu, M., Kohne, M.L., Palmatier, R.W., Kardes, F.R. (2009), “The Role of Omission Neglect in Response to Non-Gains and Non-Losses in Gasoline Price Fluctuations”, Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 39, 5 (May), 1191-1200.
- Niculescu, Mihai (2006), “Strategic Positioning in Romanian Higher Education”, Journal of Organizational Change Management, 19 (November), 725-737.
- Payne, C.R., Niculescu, M., Just, D.R., Reynolds, A. (2013), “Behavioral Economic Approaches to Grocery Store Health Interventions,” (Invited Symposium Presentation). Study of Ingestive Behavior Annual Meeting (July), New Orleans, LA.
- Payne, C.R., Niculescu, M, Palacios, R., and Reynolds, A. (2013), “Increasing WIC grocery store purchases in the Paso Del Norte Region,” Border Obesity Prevention Summit (July 16-18), McAllen, TX.
- Niculescu, M., Curry, D., Kardes, F., and Louviere, J. (2013), “Prospect Theory in Multi-Dimensional Choices,” Summer SCP (APA division 23, August), Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Niculescu, M., Payne, C., and Luna Nevarez, C. (2013), “The Effect of On-Line vs. Memory-Based Consumer Judgments,” Summer SCP (APA division 23, August), Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Luna-Nevarez, C., Niculescu, M., and Payne, C. (2013), “Please Don’t Interrupt Me Now! The Role of Need for Cognitive Closure in Interrupted Consumers’ Decision Processes,” Winter SCP (February), San Antonio, TX.
- Payne, C.R., Hyman, M.R., Niculescu, M., and Huhmann, B., (2012) “Anthropomorphic Responses to Logos,” Society for Marketing Advances, Orlando, FL.
- Niculescu, M., Curry, D., Kardes, F. (2011), “The Effect of Risky, Uncertain, and Missing Information on Choice,” Winter Society for Consumer Psychology (SCP), Atlanta, GA.
- Zuniga, M., Jasso, I.M., and Niculescu, M. (2011), “Bilinguals’ Perspective on Polysemous and Single Meaning Slogans,” Summer AMA (August 5-7), San Francisco, CA.
- CA.Zuniga, M., Jasso, I.M., Niculescu, M. (2011), “Comprehension of Polysemous Advertisements: A Bilingual’s Perspective,” Winter Society for Consumer Psychology (SCP), Atlanta, GA.
- Niculescu, M., Palmatier, R.W. (2007), “One-to-One vs. One-to-Many Relationship Marketing,” Summer AMA Conference (August), Washington D.C.
- Bechkoff, J., Niculescu, M., Palghat, V.K., Kohne, M.L., Palmatier, R.W., Kardes, F.R. (2006), “Framing, Omission Neglect, and Perceptions of and Attributions for Fluctuating Gas Prices,” Society for Judgment and Decision Making Winter Conference, Houston.
- September 2013 – Paso del Norte Health Foundation – El Paso, TX
- Research grant ($195,756; Co-PI with Collin Payne) for “Expanding and Creating Easy-to-Use Health Interventions in the Paso del Norte Region.”
- February 2013 – College of Business – New Mexico State University
- Mini-grant ($1,000; with Collin Payne) for the implementation of “SONA Experiment Management System for Business Research Lab.”
- Mini-grant ($1,000; with Collin Payne) for “Involving Undergraduate Students in Behavioral Research.”
- October 2012 – College of Business – New Mexico State University – development of the Consumer Behavior Lab (Co-PI with Collin Payne; Total funding: $19,568)
- CoB funding ($5,568).
- Marketing department funding ($1,500).
- August 2012 – Paso del Norte Health Foundation
- Research grant ($157,934; Co-PI, with Collin Payne and Rebecca Palacios) for “Improving Mexican American Family Fruit and Vegetable Purchase & Consumption in the Paso del Norte Region”.
- October 2006 – The Direct Marketing Policy Center (University of Cincinnati)
- Research grant ($5,000) for the study of “Cross-Buying Value Creation: Strategies for Leveraging Profits”.
- August 2006 – Institute for the Study of Business Markets (ISBM; Pennsylvania State University)
- Research grant ($3,100) for the study of “Cross-Buying Value Creation: Strategies for Leveraging Profits”.