Daniels Fund Fellowship Application Form
Deadline: March 21, 2014
Apply to be a Daniels Fund Fellow.
Click the image to download a one-page PDF of the Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative Principles.
In January 2010, the New Mexico State University College of Business was awarded $1.25 million over the next five years to develop a principle-based ethics program. The grant is part of the Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative, whose goal is to strengthen principle-based ethics education and to foster a high standard of ethics in young people.
“Ethics has always been important in business as well as in society in general,” said Garrey Carruthers, dean of NMSU’s College of Business. “Unfortunately, there is a growing concern in the public that not enough is being done to educate people, and in particular young people, about ethics. Events over the past few years, from Enron to Bernie Madoff, have resulted in the business community being indicted by the public as being unethical. That’s why our goal is to develop new and innovative ways to teach ethics and to extend ethics training beyond the NMSU campus.”
All business students, through excellent academic preparation and commitment to the highest ethical principles, shall graduate prepared to compete successfully in a global economy.
New Mexico State University has named nine faculty members as Daniels Fund Ethics Fellows. The group’s task will be to advance the teaching of business and organizational ethics as part of the Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative, a multi-university project to strengthen principle-based ethics education and to foster a high standard of ethics in young people.
Bruce Huhmann, NMSU College of Business Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative Chair and associate professor in the Department of Marketing, is coordinating NMSU’s role in the project. Daniels Fund Ethics Fellows for 2013 are:
- Phillip Baca, New Mexico Military Institute
- David Boje, Department of Management
- Ed Breeding, local filmmaker
- Gregory Cajete, UNM Native American Studies
- Rusty Calk, Department of Accounting and Information Systems
- Gavin Clarkson, Department of Finance
- David Daniel, Department of Economics and International Business
- Christopher Erickson, Department of Economics, Applied Statistics & International Business
- Rich Fortin, Department of Finance
- Nancy Hastings, Department of English
- Mike Hyman, Department of Marketing
- Andrea F. Joseph, Department of Criminal Justice
- Lori Keleher, Department of Philosophy
- Yu-Feng (Winnie) Lee, Department of Economics, Applied Statistics & International Business
- Sherry Mills, Department of Accounting and Information Systems
- Donald D. Pepion, Department of Anthropology
- Lisa Ramirez, Department of English
- Grace Ann Rosile, Department of Management
- Cindy Seipel, Department of Accounting and Information Systems
- Dale Spencer, Department of Accounting and Information Systems