Come & See Us
- Monday-Friday: 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Phone: 575.646.3836
- Toll Free: 800.646.1901
- Fax: 575.646.7977
- NMSU Academic Calendar
UPDATES and Information You Need
If you are a freshman, sophomore or first-semester transfer student, we will advise you about business degrees until you complete the lower-division requirements (numbered 100-299) for a major in the College of Business. Then you’ll be advised by a faculty member from the department of your major.
- Get Instructor Office Hours
- Advising Guidelines for Continuing Students. General advising information covering advising, STAR audits and areas requiring special attention: Prerequisites, VWW courses, upper division requirements, transfer students, substitutions, sample schedules, catalogs, grade appeals and graduation. For in-depth information, get one of the handbooks at Student Tools.
- Incoming Freshmen Pre-Advising
- Math Placement Exam. Helps you determine what courses you are eligible to take and how to change your placement level. NMSU has mandatory placement guidelines for all math courses. This means you must establish that you meet the stated prerequisite in any math course for which you enroll.
- Email the Advising Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kathy Brook, Associate Dean (Academics)
- Justine Adkisson, Coordinator, Advising Services
- Debra Cardinali, Coordinator, Advising Services
- Email the Graduate Assistant Student Advisors
- Janie Wagoner, Administrative Assistant
- Nate Whitten, Administrative Assistant
- John Shonk, MBA Program Advising Coordinator