Find Words in a Webpage or PDF
- When you’re looking at the webpage or PDF, get a search bar by simultaneously pressing Ctrl+ f (or Option + f for Macs). The search bar will appear near the top or bottom of your browser.
- Type in the word(s) you’re looking for.
- As you type, the word(s) should begin to be highlighted on the page. If a word isn’t in the page, you’ll hear a beep and won’t be able to fill in any more characters in the Find box.
- If the word(s) are there, click Next and/or Previous to search through the page.
Find Colleagues or Long-Lost Professors
Our Directory has listings for current faculty and staff.
If you don’t see a faculty member in our directory, try Google Scholar at http://scholar.google.com/.
- Search is always case insensitive.
- Use the words that are most likely to appear on the page.