Apply online to NMSU’s Grad School
Applicants must first meet the admission requirements of the NMSU Graduate School and then those of the Finance Department.
Finance Department Information
Contact: Dr. Hari Sankaran.
This program serves two groups of individuals:
- Current graduate students from a variety of NMSU programs who wish to expand their primary area of study to include a focus in Finance; and
- Non-degree seeking professionals in finance and related careers who have completed an undergraduate degree and wish to refresh, update and extend their knowledge and skill sets.
A variety of course options allows students to tailor their program of study.
- Grad Certificate Finance: Courses Updated Sept. 20, 2016
Courses are delivered primarily face-to-face and assist with basic continuing education or preparation for career advances, including taking professional certification exams.
The department requires evidence of adequate preparation for graduate coursework in finance. The requirement may be met in either of two ways:
- You have earned a B or better in the following NMSU courses — or their equivalents — within 7 years prior to acceptance into the program: FIN 341 Financial Analysis and Markets, MATH 142G Calculus for the Biological and Management Sciences I, and STAT 251G (or A ST 251G) Statistics for Business and Behavioral Sciences, OR
- You have an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.25 with 2 or more years of relevant, full-time, post-degree, professional work experience in the finance industry.