The NMSU DED Program is now accepting admission applications for Fall 2020.
Applicants can apply via the NMSU Graduate School website by
March 1st, 2020 (application deadline) for first consideration.
The application review will start immediately after the application deadline.
Minimum Academic Requirements
- Related master’s degree or equivalent coursework.
- Applicants who have not completed graduate-level courses in microeconomic theory, macroeconomic theory, and econometrics with grades of B or better will be required to complete these courses early in the DED program.
- Completion of undergraduate courses in intermediate macroeconomic theory and intermediate microeconomic theory with grades of B or better (or equivalent).
- Completion of undergraduate course in differential calculus with grade of B or better (or equivalent).
- Additional coursework in matrix algebra recommended.
- Completion of statistics course including regression analysis with grade of B or better.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA: 3.0/4.0.
- GRE or GMAT score is not required.
Apply: NMSU Graduate School
Graduate School admission requirements must be met before applicants may be admitted to the DED program.
Application deadlines for domestic and international students are not the same; be aware of all applicable deadlines.
- NMSU Graduate School application forms are available for both domestic and international students.
- International students apply through International Student & Scholar Services and submit a completed International Application for Admission form with a non-refundable application fee. The current university Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) requirement is 530 (paper test), 197 (computer test). In lieu of a TOEFL score of 530, an applicant may agree to successfully complete NMSU’s International Intensive English Program (IIEP).
- Provide complete official undergraduate and graduate transcripts. NMSU’s Registrar Office has transcript information.
Applications, transcripts and a non-refundable application fee must be submitted to the Graduate School.
DED Program Requirements
NOTE: Only complete applications will be considered.
Include the following documents in your application to the Graduate School:
- Unofficial copies of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
- Three recommendations from qualified people addressing your oral and written communication skills, potential for successful doctoral level study, and potential for professional success.
- Letter of interest including a statement of intent explaining your purpose in applying for the program and particular interest in economic development.
- Your current resumé.
Other written correspondence may be sent to:
Economics, Applied Statistics & International Business Department
Box 30001, MSC 3CQ
New Mexico State University
Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001
Email: Dr. Winnie Lee, DED Program Director