MA ECON Financial Assistance

Graduate Assistantships

A nonresident may qualify for resident status after 1 year. Graduate assistants automatically qualify for resident tuition for their first year of study, but must establish residency to avoid out-of-state tuition thereafter.

Graduate teaching and research assistantships are available. Admission to the program does not imply or guarantee funding. Students on assistantships pay in-state tuition. For further information contact Dr. Carl Enomoto.


Get tuition, fees, tax credit information, etc., at NMSU’s University Accounts Receivable.

Information on student loans, work-study, and other types of financial assistance is available from the University’s Financial Aid Office.