NMSU and COB Scholarships
Scholarships are available to outstanding students as well as to those with exceptional financial need. Scholarship availability varies from year to year.
COB Graduate Assistantships & Summer Fellowships
- Prior to November 15 for the spring semester.
- Prior to March 15 for the fall semester.
Stipends. Go to NMSU’s Human Resource Services website and select Graduate Assistants Salary Table.
- Full-time: 20 hours/week.
- Half-time: 10 hours/week.
- Assistants must enroll in and complete at least 9 credits of graduate-level courses numbered 450 or higher per semester.
- If an applicant’s undergraduate degree is not in accounting, s/he will not be eligible for an assistantship until a number of undergraduate accounting courses such as 301, 302, 303, 353 and 403 are completed.
- Maintain an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
State and federal employment provides opportunities for students who need jobs to meet college expenses. Students may work up to an average of 20 hours a week. NMSU’s Financial Aid and Scholarship Services has more information.
Student Employment Services
A referral service for undergraduate and graduate students. All job opportunities are posted through NMSU’s Career Services.