This minor is available to non-MBA graduate students.
MBA Students: As an alternative, MBA students can obtain a Specialization in Information Systems (open only to MBA students).
Carlo Mora, Accounting & IS Department.
To obtain a graduate minor in information systems (IS) you must follow the requirements as stated in the Graduate Catalog for a minor at the master’s level:
- A minimum of 9 credits of graduate work is required.
- A cumulative grade point average of 3.0 in all graduate courses taken at NMSU must be earned.
Application forms are due in the Accounting & Information Systems Department office for approval, along with your completed Program of Study and Committee for Master’s Students (Application for Admission to Candidacy) at least seven days before the first degree application deadline of the semester in which you intend to graduate.
Instructions. In order for the minor to appear on your permanent record, you must list the minor on your Program of Study and Committee for Master’s Students (Application for Admission to Candidacy). NOTE: A minor will not be awarded after the degree has been posted to the transcript.
Have your application form for a Graduate Information Systems Minor and your completed Program of Study and Committee for Master’s Students (Application for Admission to Candidacy) form signed by the department head and an Information Systems advisor.
In-progress courses must be completed with a grade high enough to maintain the cumulative 3.0 grade point average. When the required and in-progress courses have been completed, you have met the requirements for the minor.
The following prerequisites are in the 2017-2018 NMSU Graduate Catalog.
You must complete:
- BCIS 550 Information Systems Analysis and Design.
- BCIS 575 Database Management Systems. Prerequisite: BCIS 350/550
AND one elective chosen from the following (check for prerequisites):
- BCIS 561 Business Analytics I
- BCIS 566 Business Analytics II
- BCIS 580 E-Commerce Security
- BCIS 582 Management of Information Security
- BCIS 585 Enterprise Resource Planning & Business Processes
- BCIS 590 Special Topics