Application deadlines vary for:
Scholarships. Application deadline: March 1
Apply at ScholarDollar$: Log in with your myNMSU ID and password
The COB College Scholarships and Criteria list is located above in the Students tab under Other Resources. We offer a number of highly competitive scholarships. Recipients are selected by a committee.
Specific scholarships available to NMSU MBA students:
- International Alumni Scholarship. Information available at NMSU’s ISSS website. (See link in sidebar at right.)
- Kathryn Jaye Sepich Memorial Endowed Scholarship. Friends and family members established the Kathryn Jaye Sepich Memorial Scholarship in her memory. This scholarship is for a female student enrolled in the MBA program. A minimum 3.0 GPA is required.
- Randy G. Campbell Scholarship. Friends and family members established this scholarship in honor of his memory. This scholarship is for a student enrolled in the MBA program who has a GPA of 3.0, and the U.S. equivalent of a bachelors degree from an accredited institution.
- Glen Yoquelet Graduate Scholarship. For graduate students in the College of Business who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents and who establish financial need through filing the FAFSA.
- Bill and Sharon Sheriff Endowed Scholarship. Bill and Sharon Sheriff established this scholarship for a student enrolled in the MBA program who is a U.S. citizen with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0. A student with prior work experience is preferred.
Graduate Assistantships (GA). Application Deadlines:
First consideration will be given to applications received by:
- Fall semester: March 15
- Spring semester: October 15
Required application documentation
The Application and Letters of Recommendation forms are available in the MBA Program Office or can be downloaded as Word documents:
- Fully completed application form.
- Three letters of recommendation. Students are responsible for ensuring the letters are received prior to the deadline.
Keep a copy of the application for your records. Resubmit your application each year to ensure consideration for future semesters.
The MBA Program has a relatively small number of graduate assistantships.
While some assistantships require special skills or backgrounds, most are open to any full-time MBA student who meets the requirements.
- Usually work 10 to 20 hours per week.
- Are employed on the same calendar period as the faculty; i.e., Fall (August-December) and Spring (January-May), and must be available from the first day faculty report for the semester through the deadline for submitted final grades. NMSU’s Academic Calendar has specific dates.
- Must maintain enrollment in a minimum of 9 graded graduate credits per semester.
- Must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Admission to the MBA program as a “REGULAR” graduate student.
- Continuing graduate students must have a graduate GPA of 3.00 or higher.
- International students may be required by NMSU’s Graduate School to have additional screening.
NMSU Human Resource Services website:
- Select the Graduate Assistants Salary Table.
Full-time or half-time assistants are considered to be New Mexico residents for tuition purposes during the first year of their assistantships. If New Mexico resident status has not been established prior to reappointment, the graduate assistant may be subject to non-resident tuition rates.