Aguirre, Grant C.: J.D., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Marketing and Chief Title IX Investigative Officer, University of Central Oklahoma, 100 N. University Dr., Edmond, OK 73044.
- Current professional interests: Marketing Ethics, marketing pedagogy, and legal issues in marketing
- Dissertation: Teaching Ethical Marketing At the Undergraduate Level: An Analysis of Alternative Case Study Types
Professor of Marketing; Appalachian State University, Boone, NC. Work phone 828.262.6197.
- Current professional interests/projects: Advertising rhetoric, advertising effectiveness, community networks in social media, socially responsible (corporate and consumer) behavior, and green consumption practices
- Dissertation: Consumer Reactions to Emotional Appeals and Rhetorical Devices in Preventive Health Promotions
Assistant Professor of Marketing, California Lutheran University, 60 West Olsen Road, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360. 805-493-3371
- Current professional interests: sales Ethics, sales training, marketing pedagogy and social media.
- Dissertation: Determining the effects of graphic novels in ethics training: An analysis of effectiveness through empathy, interpersonal mentalizing and ethical efficacy.
Professor of Marketing, Georgia College & State University, J. Whitney Bunting College of Business, 318 Atkinson Hall, CBX 012, Milledgeville, GA 31061. Phone: 478.445.2593
- Professional Interests: Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development, especially as related to economic development in rural communities; Strategic Marketing; and student engagement beyond the classroom.
Associate Dean and Regions Professor; College of Business, Auburn University, 415 W. Magnolia Ave., Ste. 516, Auburn, AL 36849. Work phone 334.844-6848.
- Current professional interests/projects: Supply Chain Management, third-party logistics, transportation operations, supply chain finance, collaborative practices, purchasing and negotiations.
- National (Service to the Profession)
- 2005: National Defense Transportation Association, Distinguished Educator Service Award
- Academic (Recognition for Research Publications)
- 2011: Highly Commended Paper, Journal of Humanitarian Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- 2010: Best Paper, International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management
- 2008: Best Paper, International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management
- 2007: Best Paper Award, 12thLogistics Research Network Annual Conference
- 2002: Houghton Mifflin Pride & Ferrell Innovations in Teaching Competition Finalist
- 2000: Best Article Award, Marketing Education Review
- Institutional (Internal Recognition for Contributions)
- 2005: Auburn College of Business, MBA Teacher of the Year for Elective Courses award
- 2002: Excellence in Outreach & Service award, Auburn College of Business
- 2001: McCartney Excellence in Teaching award, Auburn College of Business
- 2000: Outstanding Research award, Auburn College of Business
- 2000: Departmental Outstanding Teacher award, Auburn College of Business
Associate Professor of Marketing; School of Business, LB113, University of Southern Maine, Portland ME 04104. Work phone 207-228-8364.
- Current professional interests/projects: Sales, international, advertising research
- Dissertation: Poker Tells in Sales Encounters
Professor; Missouri State University, 901 S. National Blvd., Springfield, MO 65897. Work phone 417.836.8373.
- Current professional interests/projects: International Marketing, Marketing Research, On-line Pedagogy, Marketing in Social Networks.
- Dissertation: Direct and Indirect Effects of Coercive Power in the Commitment-Trust Theory of Relationship Marketing
- 2008 & 2009: Dean’s Distinguished Research Fellow, College of Business Administration, Missouri State University
- 2008, Spring: ABR & TLC Conferences Best Paper in Track Award, Instant Messenger Friends? Social Relationship Behavior Differences Between Two Countries
- 2008, Spring: ABR & TLC Conferences Best Paper in Track Award, The Marketing of Body Image: A Cross-Cultural Comparison of Gender Effects in the U.S. and China
- 2007, Fall: Houghton Mifflin/Pride Ferrell Innovations in Teaching Competition Award, A 3-Way Integrative Learning Approach to Cross-National Collaboration among Students and Practitioners, Society for Marketing Advances
- 2005, Fall: Excellence in Teaching Award, Missouri State University, College of Business Administration
Associate Professor; International Business and Marketing Department, College of Business Administration, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, 3801 West Temple Avenue, Pomona, CA 91768. Work phone 909.869.2442.
- Current professional interests/projects: Consumer Behavior, Cross cultural, Branding, Marketing pedagogy.
- 2013: Highly Commended Award Winner at the Emerald Literati Network 2013 Awards for Excellence
- 2012: The Provost’s Teacher-Scholar Award, Cal Poly Pomona
- 2010: President’s Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activity Award, Cal Poly Pomona
Assistant Professor; University of Wisconsin–Whitewater, 800 West Main Street, Whitewater, WI 53190. Work phone 608.215.3983.
- Current professional interests/projects: Critical Theory Ethics, Green and Anti-Consumption, Sales Force Development
- Dissertation: Marketing, Information and Economic Growth
Assistant Professor of Marketing, Department of Marketing, School of Business, Montclair State University, 1 Normal Avenue, Montclair, NJ 07043. Work phone 973.655.3361.
- Current professional interests/projects: Consumer behavior, sales management, communication strategies, healthcare and pharmaceutical marketing, teaching strategies and assessment
- Dissertation: Laughing All the Way to the Bank? Humor and Endorser Effects on Consumers’ Responses to Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) Pharmaceutical Advertising
Loveland, Karen A.
Assistant Professor of Marketing, Texas A&M University, Corpus Christi, 6300 Ocean Dr., Corpus Christi, TX 78412
- Current professional interests: Digital marketing, social media marketing, religiosity/spirituality and marketing, integration of marketing with other disciplines.
- Dissertation: Conjoint analysis reliability and validity: The impact of self-efficacy, self-assessments, and selected methodological choices.
Associate Professor of Marketing; Tennessee State University, 330 10th Ave. N., Suite K, Nashville, TN. Work phone 615-963-7128.
- Current professional interests/projects: Video Game Consumption, Marketing Research, and Study Abroad Programs.
- Dissertation: Mental Imagery in Advertising: More Than Meets The Eye
- 2013: President, Association of Collegiate Marketing Educators. National (Service to the Profession).
Professor, Supply Chain Management; University, of Wisconsin La Crosse. Work phone 608.785.6667.
- Current professional interests/projects: Supply Chain Risk; Expert Systems Development for Mitigating and Managing Risk in the Supply Chain, NSF
- Dissertation: The Impact of Stack Trains on Steam Ships Lines’ Sales Force Governance Decisions: A Transaction Cost Analysis
Moore, Charles “Kirk”: J.D., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Business at Northwestern Oklahoma State University, 709 Oklahoma Blvd, Alva, OK 73717. Phone 580.327.8506
- Current Areas of Interest: CSR and Its Inherent Inconsistencies; Sports as a Legitimizing Agent; Diamond Marketing; and Inappropriate Sex Appeal Messages in Advertising
- Dissertation: “A Diamond is Forever”: The Construction of Secular Immortality and De Beers Diamond Advertising 1939-1958
Associate Professor of Marketing; Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS 39762. Work phone 662.325.1953.
- Current professional interests/projects: Deception in Advertising, Nonprofit Marketing
- Dissertation: The Renaissance of Anomie Theory to Explain Aberrant Behavior
- Best Paper in Track: SMA 2012, SMA 2010, SMA 2009
- Pride Ferrell Houghton-Mifflin Innovations in Teaching Award
- Best Paper; Academy of Business Research
- Best Paper; ACME Conference
- CBS Eye on Education Teaching Award
- Golden Apple Teaching Award
Associate Professor; Department of Marketing, Texas State University, McCoy College of Business Administration, 601 University Drive, San Marcos, TX 78666. Work phone 512.245.3819.
- Current professional interests/projects: Advertising Effects, Consumer Behavior, Dual-Process Theory, and Services Marketing
- Dissertation: A Dual Process of Horse Race Bettors: The Affect of Cognitive and “Anticipated” Emotional Factors on Making Uncertain Choices
- 2012: McCoy College of Business Administration nominee for the Presidential Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities
- 2010–2011: Gary V. Woods McCoy College of Business Administration Research Award
- 2009: McCoy College of Business Administration nominee for the Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching
- 2008–2009: Emmett & Miriam McCoy College of Business Administration Advisory Board Teaching Excellence Award
Associate Professor of Marketing; Craig School of Business, Department of Marketing and Logistics, California State University–Fresno, 5245 N. Backer Ave., M/S PB7, Fresno, CA 93740-8001. Work phone 559.278.2520.
- Current professional interests/projects: Services Marketing Research within the Travel Industry
- Dissertation: The Relationship of Rewards, Professionalism, Market Orientation, Job Satisfaction and Service Quality Among Professional Service Providers: The Case of College Professors
- 2014: Best Paper Award in the Services and Retail Management Track at the Proceedings of the Marketing Management Association
- 2009: Craig School of Business Faculty Award for Research at CSUF for a distinctive record of publishing in refereed scholarly journals and other professional research contributions
Associate Professor; Utah Valley University. Work phone 801.863.8227.
- Current professional interests/projects: Tribal Branding, Confidence and Enthusiasm in Sales Presentations, Dyadic Analysis of the Service Encounter
- Dissertation: Responses to Emotional Appeals: Cognitive or Emotional Control
- 2011-2012: Woodbury School of Business Faculty Excellence Award
Yan, Qiang (Tony)
Assistant Professor of Global Business Leadership, College of St Benedict and St John’s University, Collegeville, MN 56321
- Professional Interests: International Marketing, Marketing History, Research Methods, Cross-cultural Branding, Public Policy, and Game Theory
- Dissertation: Glocalization, Hybridization, and the Converging Brand Designs of Foreign and Local Brands: The Content Analysis of the Two Branding Strategies in China (1900 to 1949)
Professor; Department of Marketing, City University of Hong Kong, 83 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon, Hong Kong. Work phone 852-3442-4644.
- Current professional interests/projects: Marketing Strategy in China, Network Analysis and Governance Strategies in Marketing Channels, Institutional Theory in Business Markets
- 2013: University Research Excellent Award
- 2013 & 2005: Highly Commended Award from Emerald Literati
- 2012, July: Dealing with Institutional Distances in International Marketing Channels: Governance Strategies that Engender Legitimacy and Efficiency?, Journal of Marketing, 76 (3), pp. 41-55. Selected for the AMA’s publicity program with press release issued to over 5,000 media outlets across the U.S.
- 2011: IBM Best Paper Award Finalist from Journal of Service Research
- 2007: Best Paper Award (Supply Chain Track) from the Decision Science Institution
- 2007: McGraw-Hill Irwin Distinguished Paper Award
Assistant Professor of Marketing, Henderson State University, 1100 Henderson St, Arkadelphia, AR 71999.
- Current professional interests: Advertising aesthetics and luxury consumption
- Dissertation: Effects of Grotesque Imagery on Advertising Persuasion
Assistant Professor of Marketing, Department of Business Administration, Earl G. Graves School of Business and Management, Morgan State University, 1700 E. Cold Spring Lane, Baltimore, MD 21251. Office Phone: 443.885.4587.
- Dissertation: Effects of Normative Expectations of Culture-Related Self-Construal on Advertising Persuasiveness