Step 1. Apply to the NMSU Graduate School
Application deadlines for domestic and international students are not the same; be aware of all applicable deadlines.
NMSU’s Graduate School admission requirements must be met before applicants may be admitted to the Master of Science in Applied Statistics program. Graduate School application forms are available for domestic and international students.
- International students apply through NMSU’s International Student & Scholar Services (see link at right).
- Provide complete undergraduate and graduate transcripts. NMSU’s Registrar Office has transcript information.
Step 2. Apply to the MS in Applied Statistics program
Contact. Dr. Steiner.
In addition to meeting NMSU’s Graduate School application requirements, applicants must also submit:
- A 1-to 2-page typewritten letter of application.
- Discuss your academic objectives and professional plans, and provide specific reasons for selecting applied statistics as a field for advanced study.
- Three letters of reference from former professors or others able to evaluate your academic potential.
Submit the letter of application and three reference letters to:
Applied Statistics Program
Box 30001, MSC 3CQ
New Mexico State University
Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001