The IS major is offered through the Accounting & Information Systems (ACCT/IS) Department.
The program is a hands-on, small-class experience. IS students may also continue their education through the Master of Business Administration degree.
We hold memberships in:
Our graduates can contribute immediately to management and technical positions associated with the analysis, design, and implementation of an organization’s information technology (IT) function.
You will learn:
- Structured systems analysis and design methodologies.
- Relational database management systems.
- Structured programming techniques.
- Object-oriented programming and development techniques.
- Development of online systems.
- Enterprise systems and enterprise resource planning (ERP).
- Data communications, networking and distributed processing.
- Information security and architecture.
Potential employers include Information Systems service organizations, public accounting/consulting firms, manufacturing and merchandising business, banks, government and many others. See more sample careers at NMSU’s Information on Majors:
- Applications Systems Analyst
- Business Systems Analyst
- Business Systems Officer
- C# Developer
- Database Administrator
- Database Analyst
- Information Technology Supervisor
- Object-oriented Developer
- Systems/Applications Security Officer