The Entrepreneurship and Innovation minor is designed to promote entrepreneurship to students across the NMSU campus. This minor will appeal to creative and ambitious students who envision launching and managing their own business or entering careers in innovation-driven fields. The flexible design allows students in disciplines such as Business, Engineering, Art, and others to take the core courses in this minor and cluster courses that provide a discipline-specific entrepreneurial flavor.
Note: Minors cannot be earned after the degree has been conferred.
This minor is not open to majors in the Bachelor of Individualized Studies and the Bachelor of Applied Studies.
Contact the Finance Department.
Consult the College of Business section in NMSU’s online Catalogs for information on our minors.
Completion of the courses listed below (including any prerequisites) with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 in these courses. At lease twelve of the credits for the minor must be completed at NMSU.
- FIN 331 Business Creation and Valuation, 3 credits
- FIN 332 Entrepreneurial Finance, 3 credits
- BLAW 330 Entrepreneurial Law, 3 credits
- FIN 333 Business Analysis and Turnaround, 3 credits
- MKTG 312 Personal Selling, 3 credits
- MKTG 324 Product/Service Development, 3 credits
- B A 490 Selected Topics, 3 credits