We invite you to consider a Minor in Management. The study of management offers you the opportunity to develop skills in utilizing human, physical and economic resources to achieve organizational objectives. These are important cross-functional skills in today’s highly competitive job market. As institutional leaders of the future, students of Management will be endowed with the skills and knowledge to develop their own human potential as well as help others to achieve a common mission.
Students completing a degree in the College of Business: There is no need to submit an application for the minor separate from the degree application. Minors in the College of Business will automatically be certified along with the degree certification, provided that the minor has been formally declared and is listed on the electronic degree application.
Students with majors outside the College of Business: Submit the STAR audit for the minor following the directions below. The application MUST be submitted BEFORE the degree application deadline for the semester in which you plan to graduate. Check advising schedules for specific dates each term.
Minors cannot be earned after the degree has been conferred.
This minor is not open to majors in the Bachelor of Individualized Studies and the Bachelor of Applied Studies.
Please contact the Management Department for more information.
Consult the College of Business section in NMSU’s online Catalogs for information on our minors.
Course Samples (3-credit courses)
- EITHER MGT 309 Human Behavior in Organizations OR MGT 315V Human Relations in Organizations (not both)
- MGT 310V The Faces of Entrepreneurs
- MGT 332 Human Resources Mgt
- MGT 333 Training & Development
- MGT 335V Business and Government
- MGT 345V Quality & Competitiveness: An International Perspective
- MGT 347 Mgt Functions & Processes
- MGT 361 Small Business Mgt
- MGT 375V Global Environmental Assessment & Mgt
- MGT 388V Leadership & Society
- MGT 453 Leadership & Motivation
- MGT 454 Work Teams in Organizations
- MGT 461 Seminar in Entrepreneurship
- MGT 466 Managing Electronic Commerce
- MGT 470 Project Mgt in Organizations
Instructions for students with majors outside the College of Business
When you have registered for, or completed your last class for the minor, print the Management Minor STAR degree audit showing that all requirements have been completed or are “in progress,” fill in the information required, and sign the audit.
- STAR audits can be generated at https://degreeaudit.nmsu.edu
- For degree be sure to select Management Minor in the drop down menu; it might be near the bottom.
Deliver the audit to the Department of Management, Business Complex Room 220, for certification. The Department will forward the certified audit to the appropriate office where they will ensure that the minor appears on your final transcript.