Students completing a degree in the College of Business: There is no need to submit an application for the minor separate from the degree application. Minors in the College of Business will automatically be certified along with the degree certification, provided that the minor has been formally declared and is listed on the electronic degree application.
Students with majors outside the College of Business: Submit the STAR audit for the minor. The application MUST be submitted BEFORE the degree application deadline for the semester in which you plan to graduate. Check advising schedules for specific dates each term.
Minors cannot be earned after the degree has been conferred.
This minor is not open to majors in the Bachelor of Individualized Studies and the Bachelor of Applied Studies.
The advisor for this minor is Dr. Erin Blaugrund, Department of Marketing. Notes:
- If you are considering the Minor in Professional Selling, please visit the Department of Marketing, Business Complex, room 209 to arrange a consultation with a Marketing Faculty member for guidance and a suggested Plan of Study for the minor.
- All courses must be upper division (300 level or above.)
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.0 for the 18 credits must be earned.
- At least twelve credits for the minor must be completed at NMSU.
18 or more Credit Hours in an approved plan of study. The Minor in Professional Selling includes:
- MKTG 303, Principles of Marketing
- MKTG 312, Personal Selling
- MKTG 462, Advanced Sales
- MGT 360V, Negotiation and Business Conflict Resolution
- MKTG 453, Sales Management
- MKTG 404, Business-to-Business Marketing
- MKTG 400, Marketing / Sales Internship Field Experience