Students completing a degree in the College of Business: There is no need to submit an application for the minor separate from the degree application. Minors in the College of Business will automatically be certified along with the degree certification, provided that the minor has been formally declared and is listed on the electronic degree application.
Students with majors outside the College of Business: Submit the STAR audit for the minor following the directions below. The application MUST be submitted BEFORE the degree application deadline for the semester in which you plan to graduate. Check advising schedules for specific dates each term.
Minors cannot be earned after the degree has been conferred.
This minor is not open to majors in the Bachelor of Individualized Studies and the Bachelor of Applied Studies.
The advisor for this minor is the Department Head, Department of Marketing.
Consult the College of Business section in NMSU’s online Catalogs for information on our minors.
Sample of Commonly Approved Courses outside the College of Business
- AGE 406 Economics of Sports (Cross listed ECON 406, thus accepted in all minors)
- ENGL 318G Advanced Technical and Professional Communication
- HRTM 301 Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Marketing
- JOUR 300 Introduction to Advertising
- JOUR 374 Principles of Public Relations
- SOC 394G Sports and Society: A Global Perspective
Instructions for students with majors outside the College of Business
When you have registered for, or completed your last class for the minor, print the Sport Marketing Minor STAR degree audit showing that all requirements have been completed or are “in progress,” fill in the information required, and sign the audit.
- STAR audits can be generated at https://degreeaudit.nmsu.edu
- For degree be sure to select Sport Marketing Minor in the drop down menu; it might be near the bottom.
Deliver the audit to the Department of Marketing, Business Complex Room 209, for certification. The Department will forward the certified audit to the appropriate office where they will ensure that the minor appears on your final transcript.