Degree Maps/Sample Schedules Listed by Catalog Year
The Management Department offers this degree completion program via the Internet for all students.
This major is based on a broad range of course options rather than a narrow focus on a single discipline. Graduates find careers in large and small businesses, in government agencies, and in the nonprofit sector.
Listed below are the required lower-division NMSU courses. A number of the courses are available as Internet courses from the Las Cruces, Alamogordo, Doña Ana, Grants or Carlsbad campuses. These courses may be completed at:
- NMSU in Las Cruces
- or via the Internet
- or equivalent courses may be taken at a community college or 4-year institution near where you live.
General Education/Other Foundation Courses: Must be selected from the approved New Mexico General Education Common Core list.
- COMM 265G. Principles of Communication (3 cr)
- ENGL 111G. Rhetoric and Composition (4 cr)
- ENGL 203G. Business and Professional Communication (3 cr)
- E ST 251. Statistics for Business and the Behavioral Sciences (3 cr)
- MATH 120. Intermediate Algebra (3 cr)
- MATH 121. College Algebra (3 cr)
- MATH 142G. Calculus for Biological and Management Sciences (3 cr)
- Social and Behavioral Sciences (6-9 cr)
- Humanities and Fine Arts (6-9 cr)
- Laboratory Sciences (8 cr)
Lower-Division Business Core
- ACCT 251. Management Accounting (3 cr)
- ACCT 252. Financial Accounting (3 cr)
- BCIS 110G. Intro to Computerized Information Systems (3 cr)
- BUSA 111. Business in a Global Society (3 cr)
- ECON 251G. Principles of Macroeconomics (3 cr)
- ECON 252G. Principles of Microeconomics (3 cr)
NMSU offers these courses over the Internet.
When you have substantially completed the required courses for the Freshman/Sophomore Lower-Division Courses and transferred the credits to NMSU, you may qualify to take the following courses through NMSU’s distance education program. All students are required to complete a minimum of 128 degree credits including at least 48 credits of upper-division courses (numbered 300 or above).
Business Core Courses (27 credits)
- BCIS 338. Business Information Systems I (3 cr)
- BLAW 316. Legal Environment of Business (3 cr)
- BUSA 421. Integrated Business Concepts I (3 cr)
- ECON. Upper Division Elective (3 cr)
- FIN 341. Financial Analysis and Markets (3 cr)
- MGT 309. Human Behavior in Organizations (3 cr)
- MGT 344. Production/Operations Management (3 cr)
- MKTG 303. Principles of Marketing (3 cr)
- Upper Division Business Elective (3 cr)
General Business Major (24 credits)
- 24 Upper Division Credits. See the Degree Plan/Sample Schedule above.
Viewing a Wider World (6 credits)
- Two upper division courses designated VWW outside the College of Business.