- 2018-2020 Michelle Jasso (MKTG)
- 2015-2017: Steven Elias (MGT)
- 2012-2015: Minjoon Jun (MGT)
- 2009-2012: Kelly Tian (MKTG)
- 2006-2009: Elise “Pookie” Sautter (MKTG)
- 1991-1997: Peter Dorfman (MGT)
Funds are appropriated by the legislature and donated by benefactors. While the selection of recipients must rely on evaluation of past performance, the true purpose of the program is to provide future benefit to the students, businesses, and taxpayers of the State of New Mexico. Candidates are selected by the Professorship Screening Committee. At the end of the 3-year term, there will be a college-wide competition for the next term of the professorship. The holder of a distinguished professorship should give one presentation each year, either on or off campus representing this position at the request of the Dean.
Eligibility: All College of Business tenured and tenure track senior (rank of associate or full professor) faculty.