- Fall 2010: Collin Payne (MKTG)
- Fall 2009: Meghan Starbuck (EASIB)
Awarded by NMSU’s University Research Council. Two awards to faculty, staff, or teams, where their terminal degrees or traineeship appointments (such as post-doctoral or appointment) have been awarded or are over within the previous 6 years (in the case of teams, all members must meet this criteria). Each individual or creative team award winner receives a monetary prize. Examples of scholarly and creative activity considered are:
- Outstanding original research achievements as evidenced by the significance of the research in advancing knowledge in the field of study; publications in peer-reviewed, refereed journals; peer-citations of published works; success in attracting outside funding as principal investigator; nature of outside funding (i.e. prestige and level of national competition for the awards); scholarly books; chapters in scholarly books; monographs;
- Outstanding creative achievements such as performances, books, exhibits, textbooks, electronic media or other achievements that obtained significant recognition from colleagues in and outside NMSU;
- Outstanding technical achievements evidenced by external awards for creative scholarly activities, patents, invited talks/performances, conference presentations, consulting activity, etc.