Economics, Applied Statistics & International Business Department
Work Phone: 575.646.4231
Building and Room Number: GU 401A
- PhD in Economics
- Industrial Organization & Public Policy
- Public Utility Economics & Regulation
- Antitrust Economics
- Served as an expert advisor or expert witness in over 150 rate cases and rulemaking proceedings on behalf of government agencies, regulatory commissions, utility companies, and utility customers.
- Helped design and deliver over 30 training courses on public utility policy, regulation, and ratemaking.
- Academic publications have appeared in the Review of Industrial Organization, the Journal of Regulatory Economics, the Electricity Journal, and other journals.
- Past Professional Employment
- Principal Consultant, TAHOEconomics, LLC, 1999-present.
- USDOE/USAID Project Director for Technical Assistance to the Energy Regulatory Commission of the Philippines, 2001-2003.
- Manager of Regulatory Policy & Market Analysis, Public Utilities Commission of Nevada, 1997-1999.
- Supervising Economist, Public Service Commission of Nevada, 1996–1997.
- Economist, National Regulatory Research Institute, the Ohio State University, 1994–1996.