Work Phone: 575-646-2414
Building and Room Number: Guthrie Hall 312
Ph.D. Marketing The University of Iowa
· Artificial intelligence, machine learning, text mining application in marketing research
· Data security, data breach
· Mobile app security, mobile marketing,
· Blockchain, crowdsourcing, crowdfunding, sharing economy, and new e-business model
· Social media, user generated contents, social network
· Business ethics, corporate social responsibility
· Marketing and innovation strategy in emerging markets
· Inter-organizational collaboration and firm performance
· Brand management, Service-profit chain
1. “Does Feedback Matter For Quality Ideas? A Study of Feedback Source and Characteristics in Altering the Impact of Customer Ideation” with Kimmy W Chan, Stella Y Li, and Jian Ni, forthcoming at Production and Operations Management (UTD Top 24 Journal)
2. “Online Critical Review Classification in Improving Response Strategy and Hotel Rating: Algorithms from Heuristic Processing, Sentiment Analysis to Deep Learning”, with Yung-Chun Chang, Chih-Hao Ku, Stella Yiyan Li, and Chi-Jen Chen, forthcoming at Journal of Business Research
3. “Mindfulness in Ethical Consumption: The Mediating Roles of Connectedness to Nature and Self-control”, with Stella Yiyan Li, Liyuan Wei, and Xiaohua Zeng, forthcoming at International Marketing Review
4. Unfolding China’s State-owned Corporate Empires and Mitigating Agency Hazards: Effects of Foreign Investments and Innovativeness (2019), with Caleb Tse, and Xu Li, Journal of World Business, 54(3), 191-212.
5. External Firm-GSI And Firm-Firm Networks, Internal R&D, And Firm Innovativeness: Study in An Emerging Economy (2018), with Mariana Andrade, and Edgar Ramirez, Research Policy, 47(6),1111-24. (FT Top 50 Journal)
6. Novel Might Not Be Enough: Mediation by Idea Feasibility in a Path of Least Resistance Model for Idea Implementation in Crowdsourcing (2018), with Kimmy W Chan, Stella Y Li, Journal of Interactive Marketing, 43 (1), 52-68.
7. Effects of online consumer reviews on firm-based and expert-based communications (2018), with David Tse and Qiang Fei, Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing,12(1), 45-78.
8. Ideator Expertise and Cocreator Inputs in Crowdsourcing‐Based New Product Development, (2017), with Stella Yiyan Li and Michelle Andrews, Journal of Product Innovation Management, 34 (5), 598-616. Best Paper Award for the special issue of Innovation in Data-Rich Environments.
9. A Multi-Mechanism Learning-By-Exporting Model: Analysis of Export Induced Productivity Gains in Chinese Firms (2017), with Caleb Tse and Linhui Yu, Journal of Management, 43 (7), 2118-2146. (FT Top 50 Journal)
10. A Meta-Analysis of Correlations between Market Share and Other Brand Performance Metrics in FMCG Markets (2016), with SungUk Jung and Thomas Gruca, Journal of Business Research, 69 (12), 5901-5908.
11. Fostering Customer Ideation in Crowdsourcing Community: The Role of Peer-to-Peer and Peer-to-Firm Interactions, (2015), with Kimmy W Chan and Stella Y Li, Journal of Interactive Marketing, 31 (1), 42-62.
12. Global Innovation Generation and Financial Performance in Business-to-Business Relationships: The Case of Cross-border Alliances in The Pharmaceutical Industry, (2011), with K. Sivakumar, Subroto Roy, & Sangphet Hanvanich, Journal of The Academy of Marketing Science, 39 (5), 757-776. (FT Top 50 Journal)