December 5, 2014 by Charlotte Tallman, NMSU News Center
The New Mexico State University Alumni Association has announced the Fall 2014 Outstanding Graduate Award recipients.
The Outstanding Graduate Award is the highest honor for a student. Each semester the NMSU Alumni Association honors a graduating student from each academic college, Office of International and Border Programs and the American Indian Program, as well as a master’s student and a doctoral student from the Graduate School. In addition, this semester three students were named Outstanding Graduates at the NMSU Doña Ana Community College.
The Fall 2014 Outstanding Graduates are:
- Jacqueline B. Alford, College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences
- Amber Medina, College of Arts & Sciences
- Erik Tischofer, College of Business
- Flor Ogaz Ceballos, College of Education
- Caleb Sokoll, College of Engineering
- Yvonne D. Aguilera, College of Health and Social Services
- Jessica Spohn, Graduate School, Master’s Degree
- Catharine Wu, Graduate School, Ph.D.
- Prasamsa T. Dhakal, International and Border Programs
- April Abeyta, American Indian Program
- Stephanie Waters, NMSU Dona Ana Community College
- David Rivas, NMSU Doña Ana Community College
- Desiree Valenzuela, NMSU Doña Ana Community College, NMSU Doña Ana Community College
All honorees are named Outstanding Graduates by the deans or leaders of their respective colleges and programs. This award is presented every semester the Friday before commencement to those outstanding graduates who have demonstrated a tremendous focus on academics; active participation in activities that embrace their leadership skills; and an ability to conceptualize and communicate needed practices for success in their education and personal lives.
Several of this semester’s Outstanding Graduates will be honored at a luncheon hosted by the NMSU Alumni Association from noon to 1:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 12, at the 3rd Floor Bistro at the Danny Villanueva Victory Club in the NMSU Stan Fulton Athletics Center.
Ticket prices are $20 per person and can be purchased by calling 575-646-3616 or emailing email@example.com.