October 23, 2014 by Staff, NMSU Hotline
Gerrie Santos, vice president of corporate risk management for Parsons Corporation, will be on the NMSU campus as this year’s Risk Manager in Residence. The Risk Management and Insurance Studies program at NMSU received a grant from the Spencer Educational Foundation to bring Santos to campus.
Santos has also worked in engineering and risk management roles for such organizations as the U.S. Navy, Walt Disney Imagineering and Universal Studios-Orlando.
The NMSU community is invited to attend her presentation beginning at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 28 in Room 103 of the Business Complex.
For more information about the Risk Manager in Residence or the Risk Management and Insurance Studies program at NMSU, contact Tim Query at email@example.com or 575-646-5253.
Monday, Oct. 27
- 4:00-6:00 pm, Mesilla Valley Maze. Risk Walk. (Open to all COB students)
Tuesday, Oct. 28
- Lunch with Gamma Iota Sigma and Risk MGT & Insurance Students (By invitation only)
- 5:30-6:30 pm, Business Complex, Room 103. Presentation to Student Center for the Public Trust and Financial Management Association (NMSU FMA) student groups (Open to all NMSU Students)
About Gerrie Santos
- Contracting Officer and Staff Civil Engineer, Civil Engineer Corps., U.S. Navy.
- Senior Project Engineer, Walt Disney Imagineering.
- Project Team, Universal Islands of Adventure; subsequently Director of Risk Management for all theme park operations in Florida.
- Currently the Vice President of Corporate Risk Management at Parsons Corporation. Responsible for the worldwide insurance and surety bond programs of the corporation.
- BS degree in Systems Engineering, U.S. Naval Academy; MBA, Crummer Business School, Rollins College.
- Lifetime member of the National Society of Hispanic MBAs and serves as a U.S. Naval Academy Information Officer, a liaison between the Naval Academy and candidates.