October 6, 2014 by Charlotte Tallman, NMSU News Center
Through a nomination and selection process, the New Mexico State University Alumni Association has selected their 2014 Distinguished Alumni and James F. Cole Award for Service recipients.
For 56 years, the NMSU Alumni Association has presented accomplished alumni with the Distinguished Alumni Award. The award carries on a tradition of excellence at NMSU, and each Distinguished Alumni is selected based on personal accomplishment, professional achievement or charitable service.
The James F. Cole Award for Service is presented to NMSU alumni who have demonstrated outstanding university involvement and civic, humanitarian and professional service.
This year, eight Distinguished Alumni awards, one for each undergraduate college, three for the College of Arts and Sciences concentrated on fine arts and humanities, social sciences and sciences, and two for the James F. Cole Award for Service, will be presented during Homecoming 2014 Road to Discovery festivities.
The 2014 Distinguished Alumni are:
- Kevin S. Cobble ’78, College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences
- George Mendoza, ’78, College of Arts and Sciences, Fine Arts/Humanities
- Mary Hockaday, ’83, ’86, College of Arts and Sciences, Sciences
- John E. Kramer, ’88, College of Arts and Sciences, Social Sciences
- Robert ‘Bobby’ Lutz, ’73, College of Business
- Barbara Hubbard, ’70, College of Education
- Gregory Fulfer, ’83, ’84, College of Engineering
- Christopher Ledingham, ’01, ’04, College of Health and Social Services
The 2014 James F. Cole Memorial Award for Service recipients are:
- Lou, ’55, ’56, and Mary Henson, College of Education
- Carol Smallwood, ’83, College of Health and Social Services
The NMSU Alumni Association will honor each recipient during a dinner at 6 p.m. Nov. 7 in the Corbett Center Ballrooms. A cocktail reception will begin at 5 p.m. Tickets are available by visiting www.alum.nmsu.edu or calling 575.646.3616.