Welcome to the College of Business!
AWO: Aggie Welcome & Orientation
COB: College of Business
NMSU: New Mexico State University
About the College of Business (COB)
New students are required to attend the COB presentation at AWO. We will:
- Help you with course selection and registration.
- Show you the curriculum structure, course selection, how to register for classes, and the requirements for COB majors.
BEFORE attending Aggie Welcome & Orientation (AWO)
Please do the following items before you arrive. They are related to orientation and registration.
NMSU provides a New Aggie Checklist on their AWO page. At the bottom of that page is a printable checklist.
- Select Download this Checklist, print it, and complete the steps.
Review the New Student Registration Workbook.
Watch this video. It explains how to register for classes.
Order your transcripts and have them sent directly to Undergraduate Admissions:
- Include your official ACT or SAT scores, all college transcripts, advanced placement (AP) credits, dual credits, CLEP, DANTES, and international baccalaureate.
Check your Math and English placement.
Placement is based on your high school GPA and ACT or SAT scores.
- Go to NMSU’s Math Placement Test Information website.
- Click on Check your initial placement.
Math Placement Exam (MPE) information is at https://www.math.nmsu.edu/msc/MPE/overview.html.
The College of Business requires you take the Math Placement Exam (MPE) if:
- you are a transfer student who is not required to submit your high school transcript and ACT and/or SAT scores to NMSU,
- and you have not successfully completed the equivalent of Math 120-Intermediate Algebra or a higher level math course.
The College of Business recommends you take the MPE if you:
- are not satisfied with your math placement.
- have taken additional math classes since taking the ACT or SAT.
- have not taken a math class in a while.
AFTER attending AWO
Bring these documents back to campus when classes begin:
- Aggie Guide (download at http://navigators.nmsu.edu/campus-resources)
- COB Advising folder (from AWO).
The Advising Center will assist you with academic planning in Guthrie Hall, room 109.
When you receive email notification during your first semester, sign up for an advising session with the Advising Center. At this mandatory session you’ll:
- Learn how to run a STAR Degree Audit.
- Learn how to find campus resources.
- Learn how to prepare to register.
- Be introduced to college policies and procedures.
- Know what to expect going forward.