Read this information before you meet with Justine Adkisson (Advising Center).
Transfer students must complete a minimum number of credits at the College of Business.
NMSU reviews all transfer credits from other colleges and universities and mails you a copy of the preliminary evaluation.
COB reviews NMSU’s evaluation and makes revisions based on Transfer Guidelines. The revisions are mailed to you within the first semester of your coursework.
Schedule an appointment with Justine Adkisson before you register for classes.
COB Challenge Exams to Establish Transfer Credit
COB Transfer Course Guides
New Mexico Institutions
Central New Mexico Community College (CNM)
Clovis Community College (CCC)
Dine College (DC)
Eastern New Mexico University (ENMU)
Eastern New Mexico University Roswel (ENMU-Roswell)
Luna Community College (LCC)
Mesaland Community College (MCC)
New Mexico Highlands University (NMHU)
New Mexico Junior College (NMJC)
New Mexico Military Institute (NMMI)
New Mexico State University-Alamagordo (NMSU-AL)
New Mexico State University-Carlsbad (NMSU-CA)
New Mexico State University-Dona Ana Community College (NMSU-DACC)
New Mexico State University-Grants (NMSU-GR)
New Mexico Tech (NM)
Northern New Mexico College (NNMC)
San Juan College (SJC)
Santa Fe Community College (SFCC)
Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute (SIPI)
University of New Mexico (UNM)
University of New Mexico-Gallup (UNM-Gallup)
University of New Mexico-Los Alamos (UNM-Los Alamos)
University of New Mexico-Taos (UNM-Taos)
University of New Mexico-Valencia (UNM-Valencia)
Western New Mexico University (WNMU)
Non-New Mexico Institutions
Arizona State University (ASU)
Cochise Community College
Maricopa County Community Colleges
Northern Arizona University
Pima County Community Colleges
University of Arizona (UA)
El Paso Community College (EPCC)
University of Texas-El Paso (UTEP)
State of NM Transfer Agreements
If you are transferring from a New Mexico 2-year or 4-year state institution, find information about how your courses will transfer to NMSU on these websites:
General Education. New Mexico Higher Education has information about courses satisfying Gen Ed requirements at your previous school and at NMSU.
- Click on NM Colleges & Universities then Transferring Credits and General Education Core Transfer Module.
- Select a category in the transfer module (such as Communications) to find courses for NM institutions that will satisfy general education requirements.
Math Courses. Go to New Mexico Math Articulation Matrix.
- Select NMSU to determine how courses are transferred from other NM institutions.
Business Courses. Go to UNM’s NM Business Articulation and Transfer Matrix.
- Click on Transfer Modules for transferability of course requirements and the Articulation & Transfer Matrix for transferability of specific courses.
- Look for NMSU courses which appear in a row of the matrix. Courses appearing in the corresponding column will substitute for an NMSU course in the same column based on the Transfer Module for Business.