Guidelines & Applications
NMSU & College of Business Scholarships
- Indicate your interest in an insurance career.
- Scholarships are awarded for the following academic year.
- Scholarships are awarded based upon GPA, involvement in Gamma Iota Sigma, working in insurance, insurance internships, and enrollment in the Minor in Risk Management and Insurance.
- There is no minimum GPA. While GPA is important, the donors are interested in students’ extracurricular activities and career objectives.
- Insurance scholarships are not restricted to business majors.
Scholarships through the College of Business. Approximately $23,000 is awarded annually to students studying Insurance and Actuarial Science. These funds are provided by a large number of donors whose common desire is to encourage students to pursue studies that will prepare them for careers in insurance, risk management and actuarial science.
- Burke Insurance Group, LLC
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters (CPCU) Society: NM Chapter
- HUB International-New Mexico
- Independent Insurance Agents of New Mexico
- Kinney Insurance
- NM Claims Association: Robert L. Byrd Memorial Scholarship
- New Mexico Mutual
- State Farm Insurance
The large amount of financial assistance available to Insurance Studies students has been made possible by generous contributions by the insurance industry.
The insurance industry in New Mexico encourages young people to pursue a course of study which will prepare them for careers in risk management and insurance.
Contact: Dr. Tim Query.
Scholarships through External Agencies
- Scholarship details may change from year-to-year.
- Check the contacts at the links below for requirements and deadlines.
- A few of these scholarships may require nomination from an Insurance faculty member.