Request a Course Substitution


Students who have transferred coursework from another institution, or who have changed majors to the College of Business after completing coursework in another college, may be eligible to apply one of these courses to a requirement for which other courses are normally required.

Requests to substitute courses for major requirements (accounting requirements for Accounting majors, for example) must be approved by the department head of the major. All other substitution requests must be approved by the Associate Dean for Academics.


Complete the   Request for Substitution  form. Major requirement substitutions are submitted to the department of your major. Other substitution requests may be submitted in hard copy to the associate academic dean in the College of Business Information and Student Success Center in the Business Complex or sent from your NMSU email account to Associate Dean James at .

Incomplete or poorly written requests will not be considered.